Friday, October 12, 2007

Our trip to Toronto

What fun we had - on the hotter than hell hottest 3 days of the summer. Seriously.
We left Ottawa on Tuesday morning, drove to the Metropolitan Zoo, spent a couple of hours looking at animals who were tired, hot and miserable then checked into our hotel in Markham. Paul, Tanya & Rich took the kids to the pool while De & I went in search of munchies, booze and a place to eat.

Pics from the zoo:

Twins are clearly thrilled to be here









Peyton with her beloved uncle Rich


The next day we were up bright and early and went to Canada's Wonderland. Did I mention how bloody hot it was? By the time we entered the park, I think our entire water supply was consumed - it was brutally hot.
So we arrive and we're still sort of fresh...


Then we did some rides:




We had a quick bite to eat, then the twins did their "thing" :


And then we headed for the water park:








Oh my - I have so many more I can post of the water park - particularly Paige having a BLAST - but I'll limit it to the above pics.
After the water park, we did a few more rides...













The next day, we came home. Everyone was seriously beat from the quickie trip - luckily for Paul & I, our vacation had just begun - so we had time to recouperate and rejuvanate :)

Twins in the hotel room before leaving to come home...
(yes, Mrs. Roy - those are your outfits)



...and you wouldn't believe how long it's taken me to upload all these photos, so I'll continue our photo stories of our summer another time. Like tomorrow. Maybe.

No comments: