Saturday, December 01, 2007

No November update

Ugh - I'm a couple of minutes past midnight in starting this entry, so I guess I've let a whole month go by with no update - ha!

So much has happened - that's my excuse!!

We'll go back to mid-October, when I started interviewing for this new job - that I knew I wanted from the moment I had the job description in hand. Totally appealing, totally what I want for this point in my life. 2 interviews later, and tah-dah! Got the offer on the afternoon of Haloween. What an absolute relief - for those who know me well, you know I've had my eyes and ears opened since returning to work from mat-leave in April. I've had good times at HRC, but it was evident from...well, my first week back that I didn't "fit in" anymore. I guess that's what happens when you take 15 months off, right? Anyhow, a few prospects surfaced, but this one was different. I'll elaborate another time, but suffice to say that the work hours, location, pay, the job itself - hell, everything is an improvement, so it was definitely a good move for me.

I just completed week # 2 and it's turned out to be exactly what I thought it would be. No surprises. But oh-my-gosh it's been busy - their year end is 9/30 so we've just wrapped up the audit, closed the Oct statements, they were in the final stages of ISO certification (got news of being recommended yesterday, woo hoo!) ummm...we're developing a new time entry system and I've jumped right into that - add into that the fact that my department is holding out a lot of hope that I'm coming to this position to make a lot of changes and make everyone's life easier. No sweat!! Anyway, I love it. Nothing more, nothing less.

On to the kids. PAIGE has given us another "month from hell" with respect to sleeping. It's totally behind us now, but wow! I thought our life as we knew it was over for a period of time. Poor thing, I think it actually turned out to be her eye teeth that caused the hell, but the result was that she had us up consistently between 4&5 every single morning. And wouldn't go back to sleep! So there was a period when I would put the babes down and be in bed at 8:30 myself...which leads to, well, nothing getting done. So this was happening, then it peaked at the beginning of last week (coincidentally the night before my first day of work.) She spiked a seriously high temperature at about 11PM (which we brought down with meds) then she was up moaning and crying almost every hour throughout the entire night. Ha ha, I had no time to think about being nervous for my first day...was too focused and worried about missy Paige. So anyway, by Wednesday, we figured out what was wrong - she woke with spots, so we figured THIS must have been roseaola. So we watched Leah, who never ended up developing it. Anyway, THIS week, Paige has been sleeping really well, and with any luck, I wont get out of bed before 8 AM tomorrow (I could dream, right!?)

We had a bit of bad luck at the end of last week with both our furnace breaking down PLUS the little sewer hole in the basement backing up. How funny is that, the two totally separate - serious - issues happen the same night? Anyway, Paul took the day and worked from home, and it was all resolved with a swipe of a visa card. Ouch.

Pictures - this hasn't been a picture heavy month - I don't know why, but Christmas is coming, so surely we'll have a lot to post soon. In the meantime, I've got some Haloween pics....









And a couple of random November photos that Rachel's taken:




So that's the update for now - a little lame, I know but time doesn't allow for much more that this.

Know that we are well. The kids are healthy, happy and developing/changing every single day - Paige's word of the day is "Mine!" and Leah's is "Bunny!!"
I'm settling into a good place with respect to work now, and that's going to make a load of difference on everyone's life here - so we're in a positive swing right now.

OH! And before I hit save, I wanted to say one final thing - WE HAVE A BOY!! OK, well not "we" as in Paul & I, but Erin & Peter welcomed our new nephew NOLAN into the world a month ago - on October 30th. I'm so anxious to see him - we haven't seen him since the day he was born (due to a pile of colds/flus, etc in the household) but they're coming out tomorrow and the girls will no doubt smother him :)

As always, I hope everyone is happy and healthy, and I'll try to update again very soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great update Kari.

Heard the drama of the week.

Glad it's behind you.

I'd have been pissed. Who does that??