Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Rain, rain. Go away.

Ugh - this weather is so depressing! We've had small windows of "nice enough" to get outside, but the constant grey and gloominess is sure tiring! And it's going to be like this as far as the forecast can see. Yuck.

So not much has changed in the last couple of weeks - we're still working on that overnight routine, which seems to be improving ... the fussiness is still very much with us - last evening, both babes cried from about 5:30 until 8:30 (but then settled down for the night - tradeoff, I guess.) I do know that one day that'll just stop. At least, I think I remember that it did with Peyton.

Last Friday, my mom & I took the twins to the Superstore for some professional shots - they turned out FANTASTIC. I will at some point scan in the photos, but in the meantime, here's a picture of Leah before we left.
OK, I know I SWORE that I'd never dress these girls alike (when I was pregnant) but so many people have been generous enough to give the girls clothing, and a lot is matching and identical, and you know they're SO DARN CUTE when they're dressed the same....so uh, ya. I didn't keep that promise! And in their first professional shots, they're wearing the same dress. So shoot me (ha.)

Getting to the appointment was a big ordeal. The twins are spitter uppers, in a bad way - so as soon as I got the dresses on, the bibs followed suit. And both girls barfed on their first bib, of course. So pack them in the carseats (and they HATE their carseats, so screaming screaming, screaming) rush to the store, undress them...and then they were complete angels and posed so perfectly! My appointment was at noon, and by 12:17 we were back in the van. Like, undress them, pose them, shoot them, re-dress them, pick out my selection of photos, pay for them, pack the girls back in the carseats, then back home in less than 20 minutes!! The photographer was thrilled - said it was her easiest shoot with twins to date. And she would know, she did THREE SETS of twins the day earlier.

Friday night, I got a break from ALL three girlies. Kerry & Laurie arranged for us to get out to the local Barley Mow, while Heron (with Mitchie) stayed behind with Paul and the girls. Tanya joined us. It was great to be able to enjoy a couple drinks and a meal without any disruption. And to talk about something OTHER than babies! (although a lot of talk WAS indeed about them, I mean, what else do *I* have to talk about these days!!)

Mother's Day was very nice. Paul & Peyton permitted me to sleep until the blissfull hour on 9AM (yeah, I was up at 5:00 AM though!) Paul made us Belgian Waffles with chocolate chips, and we topped them with berries, whip cream and maple syrup - yum! We had my mom and sister's family over for Souvlaki - it was a nice day.

We've found a young lady who will be helping me out during the day from time to time - meet Jennifer! Here's a picture of her "hard at work!" Jenn's in her final year of highschool and although we haven't worked out the specifics yet, she'll be helping me out with all three girls a

couple of days/afternoons a week throughout the summer. She was here on Monday afternoon, and I've got to say I am pretty pleased with how great she was, both with the babies and with Missy Peyton. Ha, as a teenager, I barely liked, forget loved, babies (and kids) so it's weird for me to see someone who does.









On that note, I'll sign off for now and wish everyone a good LONG weekend.

No comments: